You have your pumpkin puree, now what do you do with all those pumpkin seeds? Make a healthy and nutritious snack!
There are so many different methods of making pumpkin seeds, but I prefer the quickest and easiest method, which skips both cleaning and drying your seeds.
First, preheat your over to 275. Remove the large strings from your seeds, but no need to scrub them clean. A few of the pumpkin guts attached to the seeds adds flavor.
Next, get creative and toss them in your choice of spices! Try one of these…
- Standard Seeds: oil, salt
- Sweet Seeds: butter, cinnamon, sugar
- Sweet & Spicy Seeds: oil, cinnamon, chili powder, sugar
- East Coast Seeds: oil, seafood seasoning
- Garlic Spiced Seeds: Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, salt
- Pumpkin Seeds: oil, pumpkin spice, sugar, salt
Line a baking pan with foil and spread out the seeds. Baking for approximately 45 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes to assure the seeds to stick to the pan or each other. When done, cool and enjoy! You can eat them as a snack, make pumpkin seed bread, or toss them in a salad. Store in an air-tight container.