Work From Home

by Beth Montgomery on February 24, 2009 · 8 comments

in Earn

Have you heard of ChaCha? It’s a wonderful new feature that is absolutely 100% FREE if you have unlimited texting on your cellular phone. Simply text ChaCha at 242242 (or ChaCha) or you can call 1.800.2ChaCha and ask them any question under the sun, from “What is the quickest route to ____ from ____?” to “How many inches are in a mile?” Whatever question you can think of, ChaCha will send an answer back to your phone! Ask about movie times, directions, store hours, and more!

I work part time as a ChaCha guide. It’s a wonderfully entertaining job, because I sit at my computer and while searching the Internet or figuring out deals, I answer people’s questions and send answers back to their cellular phone using ChaCha’s simple dashboard. All I do is search, find the answer, type it in, and hit send!

For a while now, ChaCha was no longer accepting guide applications, but for a limited time they are taking on new guides! If you love to search the Internet or are a curious person by nature, visit Become a Guide to get more information and tell them Beth Montgomery referred you!

This offer is only available for limited time!

1 Tanya February 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I think I’m going to check this out! How many hours do you work? And do you have to be “on call” for a certain number of hours each day? Any additional info. you could give me would be great! Thanks Beth :)

2 IN Good "Cents" February 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Tanya, it’s great, because you and work as little or as much as you want. What you are paid is based on the difficulty of the question. Questions about movie times that are easier to find only pay $0.10/question, but harder questions pay $0.20. You can either select “pay me now” and get paid as you wish, or recieve a check when you reach $100. You don’t set hours. You just sign on whenever you want. You can answer 1 question or 1000, then sign off. It’s all up to you. They do incentives now and then too, like $10 extra to anyone who answers 100 questions between 2 pm and 5 pm and such.

3 Tanya February 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Thanks for all the info! I’m going to register and try it out. Sounds like a great way to make some money – especially while I’m searching the net anyway :)

4 Amy February 24, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I’d read about this a while back and then forgot all about it. I have unlimited texting, so I’m going to check it out!

I came by from Ring Around the Blogs. I’m giving away coupons on my main blog, Tiny Blessings- – stop by if you’d like to enter!

5 The Liechtys February 25, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Thanks Beth ~ I went through the process to fill this out but then my DH was very leery of me putting my SSN on their website… So I too live in the central Indiana area, and since they are based in Carmel ~ have you ever been TO their headquarters? Did you have to put in your SSN for the w9 tax form and you feel it is secure? (It did have an “https” so that is good.)

6 The Liechtys February 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Beth, I don’t know if my comment already went through, so sorry if this is a ditto.

I really want to sign up for this but have some issues with putting SSN on the website. Did you do this?

7 IN Good "Cents" February 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM

A friend of mine who referred me is actually good friends with the owner of ChaCha, so I did fill out the forms without hesitation. It’s a legitimate company and the SSN is to provide you with your tax information each year. I haven’t been to the headquarters, but I’ve met people who work there and both me and my mom and a few of my friends are guides and have never had a problem with the company. I do highly recommend it for women who want to work from home. It’s not something you could get rich doing, but it is a little extra spending money. You just need a sense of humor, because you do get some interesting questions!

Sorry, my comments are on delay and won’t post until I approve them!

8 Tanya February 26, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Let me know if this is too personal ok? I just got hired by ChaCha!! Thanks again for the recommendation :) Anyway what I wanted to ask was about pay – do you choose to get paid immediately or did you choose to get paid monthly? Just wondering in your opinion which one is better.

Thanks again!!